Over 200 people in our church are currently connected with friends and growing spiritually through our LifeGroups!
A LifeGroup consists of eight to twelve people who meet together in a home on a regular basis, typically 2-3 times per month. At the gatherings, participants catch up on each other’s weeks, discuss a book or book of the bible together, and support one another through prayer. They also make time to serve the community together throughout the year.
Time and time again we hear how people connected in a LifeGroup love their experiences!
Recently, I sat with a group of people who have been in a variety of LifeGroups over the years and heard about why they love them so much. Here are the top ten most common responses I heard:
- I love getting beyond just saying “hey” to other people on Sunday mornings. Going to church can be hard when you feel like you don’t really know anyone well.
- Seeing people talk about what God is doing in their life has challenged and encouraged my faith!
- It’s amazing to see that everyone in my LifeGroup has the same challenges my family does. I’ve realized we’re not all alone.
- The support my group provides me is invaluable. Through births and deaths, as a group we’ve always been there for each other.
- I love seeing people make a breakthrough in their understanding of Jesus and take one step closer to him.
- I experience God’s presence among others in a very powerful way.
- My LifeGroup has become like a family to me. I don’t have extended family around here, so I can’t tell you how much it means to me.
- I finally have deep friendships where I can discuss my life and my faith.
- I’ve enjoyed the accountability–having others push me to the next level.
- Watching people become Christians and grow as Christians in a LifeGroup makes it all worthwhile.
Wow! I was blown away during this conversation.
Now here’s the interesting thing: most of us want to experience these same things… we want to have deep friendships, we want to grow closer to God, we want to guide our children towards Jesus… but instead of actually taking the intentional steps to get there, we continually pass up on opportunities to do so.
We tell ourselves “I’m too busy” or “I’ve never been in a group like that before” or “My spouse wouldn’t be into that.” And over time we as individuals and families drift from the church, significant friendships, and don’t become the people we really want to be.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
This fall you can take a step out in faith. You can invest in your relationship with God, your spouse, and others in the church. In a few months you could be raving about your experience like the group of LifeGroup members and leaders I sat down with.
Are you willing?
To make it easy for you to join a LifeGroup, we’ve created a new event called GroupLink. GroupLink is a one-hour event where you can meet other people interested in getting in a LifeGroup, talk to those already in one, and find a group that fits you. Once you’re connected to a LifeGroup, we ask that you to simply stick it out for the first group study and then decide if you want to continue.
GroupLink is on Sunday, September 15th starting at 6:30pm and childcare will be provided. Plenty of volunteers will be there to help you navigate through the process and find a group of people to connect with.
I’d love for you to take the next step and join the 203+ others in our church already growing spiritually alongside of others.
You can register for GroupLink HERE.
p.s. Can’t make it to GroupLink on September 15th? Don’t worry. Go ahead and sign-up and check the box that you can’t make it. We’ll still contact you and get you connected! And if you have any questions feel free to call me at 770.271.8855 or email me at email@example.com