Celebrating 2013 & Welcoming a New Year!
“For surely I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13
Happy New Year! We hope your 2014 is off to a great start.
Let’s take a moment to celebrate all we have done together as a church in 2013 and take a quick look at some of the exciting things we have planned for the New Year!
2013 was an exciting year here at Hamilton Mill UMC. A year that saw ministries continue to grow, new serving and mission projects take off with great success, and small groups flourish as we all continue to grow together in faith and serve as devoted disciples of Jesus Christ.
Here are just a few 2013 Highlights…
- Growth in LifeGroup and Small Group participation.
- Expansion of several key ministries.
- The launch of Crosstown Kids and “The Rooftop.”
- A new focused mission and vision for our Student Ministry.
- A substantial growth in the number of families served weekly at The Pantry.
- The launch of a new website including a member site, online giving and the easy to use Church Life phone app.
- Three active foreign mission teams.
- A partnership with Out of Darkness.
- Establishment of Solomon House Gwinnett.
- While contributions to the HMUMC general fund were short for 2013, we achieved a small surplus by keeping our expenses under budget for the year.
- The majority of our congregation prayerfully made a 2014 Living Generously Stewardship pledge.
We thank God for all of you, for your devotion to Jesus Christ, for your work for Christ in this congregation and community, and for your continued support as we move forward together as God’s instruments in the world. We are excited about all of the wonderful opportunities God will give us in 2014.
2014 upcoming events…
The return of our favorite fellowship night – Wednesday Night Supper on January 8.
New Bible studies for CONNECT Wednesday Nights, including a marriage study beginning January 8!
Fun Family Events, including Family Movie Night and Dance Night in January.
A special event for the women of our church and community – A Day Apart in February.
New LifeGroups starting in the new year.
And don’t forget about all of the great mission and serving opportunities we have here at HMUMC. Here are just a few…
Help serve at the The Pantry every Saturday morning.
Join a Kitchen Angel Team and help prepare Wednesday Night Supper.
Help support the Solomon House and Out of Darkness Ministry.
Join the Sunday Morning Hospitality Team.
Volunteer as a leader for the Crosstown Kids Ministry or the Student Ministry.
2014 is going to be a great year for Hamilton Mill UMC. People of HMUMC, God has a plan for you; plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. HAPPY 2014!