I regularly hear: “I love our Church–and I want to get to know other people and families here–but I’m not sure of the best way how.”
My answer is always the same: LifeGroups.
A LifeGroup consists of eight to twelve people who meet together in a home on a regular basis, typically 2-3 times per month. At the gatherings, participants catch up on each other’s weeks, discuss a book or book of the bible together, and support one another through prayer. They also make time to serve the community together throughout the year.
Last fall we had 30+ new people join LifeGroups and we want to invite you to join one during this new year!
LifeGroups help you get to know others in the Church community, go beyond saying “hello” on Sunday mornings, and realize that your life isn’t as crazy/different than others as you imagine. They also help you take the next step in your faith journey as you surround yourself with other people seeking after God.
Throughout history, God has often chosen to work in and through groups of people. And we’ve seen that God is still present in groups of people gathered in His name today.
I recently asked some folks the following question: How have you seen God at work in and through your LifeGroup?
Here were some of the amazing responses:
- God has strengthened the marriages of many couples in the LifeGroups I’ve been a part of.
- We’ve discovered that the relationships God has led us to in our LifeGroup weren’t accidents–they were providential.
- I’ve seen God working in the group as people who didn’t think of themselves as leaders stepped up and discovered new gifts.
- Our group has served the community and helped send supplies for people in Honduras.
- People who weren’t sure about their faith have begun to believe and live out their faith in a deeper way.
- A friend with cancer experienced great support from the friends who rallied around her during a difficult time.
- I no longer have to sit alone in church. I have others who will sit with me.
And the list could keep going…
Are you interested in growing in friendships with other people in the church and opening your life a little more to God?
Then a LifeGroup is for you.
To make it easy for you to join a LifeGroup, we’ve created a new event called GroupLink. GroupLink is a one-hour event where you can meet other people interested in getting in a LifeGroup, talk to those already in one, and find a group that fits you. Once you’re connected to a LifeGroup, we ask that you to simply stick it out for the first group study and then decide if you want to continue.
GroupLink is on Sunday, January 26th starting at 6:30pm and childcare will be provided. Plenty of volunteers will be there to help you navigate through the process and find a group of people to connect with.
I’d love for you to take the next step and join the 203+ others in our church already growing spiritually alongside of others.
You can register for GroupLink HERE.
p.s. Can’t make it to GroupLink on January 26th? Don’t worry. Go ahead and sign-up and check the box that you can’t make it. We’ll still contact you and get you connected! And if you have any questions feel free to call me at 770.271.8855 or email me at email@example.com