Sabbath

Categories: High School,Students

Today’s post is by Katie Ring

Today was Sunday, so it was our day of rest. And we had a great sabbath!

After our early start yesterday, it was nice to start our day by sleeping in until 8am (Guat time, 10 am U.S. time). For me, this started my sabbath off right away considering I normally wake up at 6 am (U.S. time) on Sunday. After our not so early rise, we had breakfast and Pastor Louis gave us a morning devotional about gratitude.

We then had a worship service with all of our mission team members and a few of the Impacto staff members. Anna Wooten beautifully gave the call to worship to start us off. David and I led worship and then Kyle Martin gave the message. Kyle used Colossians 3:23 to say how no matter what we do we are working for the Lord and should maintain a positive attitude. We then took communion to finish our service.

Guate2-8

Guate2-9

Guate2-7

After this, we had the ultimate Easter egg hunt. Some of the eggs had some great prizes and other eggs had… not so great prizes. For example, Abby Uzzell had to wash all of our dishes after lunch and Katie Wooten got a free hammock pass for a day!

Guate2-10

In the afternoon, we went into San Pedro and toured a few churches, shopped, and ate amazing food. The churches were beautiful examples of the culture in Guatemala. While at the restaurant, our team bonded so much and became a lot closer. Then, Pastor Jonathan topped it off with a surprise for all of us–Tuk Tuk rides back to the Promised Land! For those not familiar, Tuk Tuk is the name of the small motortaxis around the villages.

Guate2-5

Guate2-3

Guate2-4

Finally, we had dinner and an amazing devotional. Overall today was a great day to remind me what the sabbath day is all about. Not that I should stop doing all of the things that I do on Sundays, but it was a lesson on the attitude that I should have whilst doing my activities.

I am beyond excited to see what the rest of this week has in store. On behalf of the whole team, we love you and miss you guys and we want to thank you for all of the prayers that you have been showering us with.
Guate2-6

Guate2-1

Author: Jonathan Andersen

Assistant Pastor

12 Responses to "Sabbath"

1. Susan Lang Posted on April 3, 2017 at 12:53 am

Tuk Tuks!!!!! Y’all ALL had tuk Tuks??? No way?!?!?! Pastor Jonathan is the BEST!! (BTW… Kwes and I were Tuk tuk Champions last year… in case anyone forgot!).

I am at the airport heading back from an eventful trip to San Fran… not sure what Mr Matt and Gracie have been doing in my absence… I will check in and let you all know.

Kyle Martin… so proud of you for giving a message!! Sounds like it was a good one. Hope y’all get some rest because the cinder blocks are awaiting…

Peace, my friends.
    With gratitude- Susan Lang

2. Mike Wooten Posted on April 3, 2017 at 7:20 am

What a fantastic Sunday! I always wanted to ride a tuk tuk around Lake Atitlan. Praying for you all.

3. Deanne and Michael Posted on April 3, 2017 at 9:36 am

God is good, All the time.. and.. All the time, God is good.
    Its wonderful that you all are enjoying yourselves while spreading The Word.
    We love you and we are looking forward to viewing the next post.

4. Sandie Crawford Posted on April 3, 2017 at 10:10 am

Yall look so happy!! Enjoy God’s beauty!! Praying for yall!! All my Favorite Seniors…Carlos, Anna, Katie, Abby & Hope, Katie & Abby, Enjoy this moment, one more month and you Graduate!! Wow is all I got!!!!
    Carlos, my prediction… you will intern in Guats! 😉😉
    Amy, have you got the IV out yet, just kidding….hope not!!
    Love to All!!!

5. Cameron Lee :) Posted on April 3, 2017 at 11:18 am

Wow what a nice day!! Shout out to you Anna for giving that call to worship, you’re a rock start love you buddy. Kyle that’s so awesome that you gave a message this morning! Wow! wish I could of heard it but I know God is on the move and will continue to speak through all of you! Katie wooten shout out to you for picking a good Easter egg, those hammocks are the way to go, love you buddy! Carlos good to see that you’re chillin chillin chillin in that hammock 😎 Abby Coaker you stay cute love that picture of you! Prayers today as you all go out and serve in many different ways today and as God grows and stretches you all! 💙

6. Lisa Martin Posted on April 3, 2017 at 12:01 pm

If only I had known a few plastic eggs would get my dishes washed.. Sounds like a perfect way to spend the Sabbath. Really enjoying reading about your daily life in Guatemala and seeing the beautiful scenery. We miss you all and pray that you continue to receive blessings as you bless others. Love, Lisa Martin

7. Kimi and Christopher Hines Posted on April 3, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Good job Katie Ring!!! What a wonderful day of rest. Now go to work for the Lord. 💪. ❤ ya

8. Clara Bembry Posted on April 3, 2017 at 3:45 pm

Loved your post Katie Ring. So glad you guys had a wonderful day. I know you will continue to do so. We are sending our prayers your way. Love you.

Baba & Poppie

9. Jennifer Ring Posted on April 3, 2017 at 3:58 pm

We enjoyed your post today, Katie Ring! It is so cool that you all get to enjoy the Sabath without the distraction of the usual responsibilities. Enjoy the rest of hour week. We can’t wait to hear more about your experiences. Love you all!

10. Uncle Chris Posted on April 3, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Hi.

11. Steve Ring Posted on April 3, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Great to see everyone. Cheney, hope that you are having a great time. Kyle, great job this morning. Carlos, keep them all serving hard.

– – Mr. Steve

12. Kathy Westmoreland Posted on April 3, 2017 at 9:04 pm

Love the pictures. Tuk tuk was so much fun with Susan. I remember laughing/screaming all the way–and winning. Katie, Abby, Hope and Abby let the others know it’s normal if you have a “RUNNER.” So proud of all of you.
    Kyle, Anna &Katie–wonderful worship leaders. From Henri Nouwen: “Living with the kind of willingness to let go iis one of the great challenges we face. Whether it concerns a person, possession or personal reputation. The great paradox is that in letting go, we receive.” Hope you are all letting go and receiving. Much love, and sending many grateful hugs to you all. Praying for safe travels. Kees