THIS SUNDAY in Worship
Word & Table Service @ 8am | Modern Service @ 9:15am | Traditional Service @ 11:00am
Our scripture lesson this week is basically a list of names. Pretty exciting, huh? But my guess is tears welled in Paul’s eyes and his heart raced as he named them. They are people with whom he shared his life in the household of God, people who had worked alongside him, people who had risked their lives for him, people he loved. My guess is you have a list, too, whether you’ve written it down or not. You know the list I mean-those folks who are beside you now or who live in your memory, people who loved you and nurtured your faith, people who shared Christ with you, who served beside you, cried with you, prayed with you. You know the ones. This week we’ll look at Paul’s list and consider our own. What a gift it is, this life we share in Christ, never solitary, always blessed, always a blessing.
2. Food Fight for The Pantry
Friday Night Food Fight for The Pantry
August 21st to August 31st
Our local high schools are helping us fight hunger in our community by supporting The Pantry at HMUMC. Thank you, Dacula HS and Mill Creek HS! You can help them by bringing your donations to church. We have bins marked for each school by “The Rooftop.”
Items Needed: Canned Vegetables, Canned Fruits, Canned Meats,
Canned Soups, Spaghetti Sauce, Peanut Butter, Boxed Pasta, Rice, Dry and Canned Beans.
KidsHope Volunteers Needed
We are looking for mentors to spend just one hour per week, reading, talking, playing and listening to a child at school. By helping the child feel loved and valued, they help that child to learn, grow and succeed.
TONIGHT! August 23 at 6:30pm – Info meeting in the Narthex
September 21 at 6:00 pm in Room 351 – Training
September 25 6:00 pm in Room 351 – Training
Men’s Friday morning Study
Fridays at 7:30 am starting August 25th
Join a great group of guys on Friday mornings at 7:30 am starting THIS FRIDAY, August 25 in room 339. Mike Wooten and David Watkins will be leading the group in a study of John Ortberg’s book “The Life You Always Wanted: Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People.”
Women’s Bible Study | Present Over Perfect
Wednesdays 9:30am – 10:45am | September 6 – October 11
Led by Jennie Jackson and Shelby Harper
Cost: $8 | Childcare upon request
Join a great group of ladies on a journey from frantic pushing and proving, towards essential self. We’ll have fun getting to know each other as we reflect on Shauna Niequist’s book Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living.
Sundays at 5 pm | September 10 – October 29
The Legacy Journey is a seven-week, biblically based class that teaches you how to truly live and leave a legacy for generations to come. This class will lead you deeper into investing, basic estate planning, purposeful living, safeguarding your legacy, and discovering the keys to generational wealth and true generosity. The cost is $109 per family kit. Please sign up below by August 27th.
7. Forsyth Philharmonic Performance
Saturday, September 16th at 2 pm at HMUMC
All are invited to a performance of music from around the globe by the Forsyth Philharmonic! Directed by Jason and Rachel Landers, the orchestra will perform An American in Paris, selections from The Sound of Music, Egyptian Legacy, Pirates of the Caribbean, and several original works composed by members of the group! Admission is free, but donations will be accepted. The Forsyth Philharmonic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit symphony orchestra comprised of adult professional musicians, teachers, hobbyists, and talented students.
Student Ministry Fall Retreat
October 27 – October 29
Students in 6th-12th grade, join us for some R&R as we venture to Ocoee Retreat Center for FALL RETREAT! You don’t want to miss this fun weekend full of amazing worship, prayer, small groups, and COLOR WARS! Visit
to learn more and register before September 1st to receive our early bird price of $179 per student.
Preschool and MMO!
Mark your calendars, preschool and Mother’s Morning Out start school September 5th. Learn more and invite your friends with little one to sign up at www.hmumc.org/preschool
Join our Special Needs Volunteer Team!
We Need You!
Our Special Needs Sunday school class is a lighthouse of hope, acceptance and belonging for individuals with special needs and their families. Please consider joining a great group of volunteers in our mission to provide a safe and loving atmosphere for children with special needs to learn and experience the love of Jesus Christ. Email email@example.com
Join Our Nursery Staff!
HMUMC Nursery is hiring for our Sunday morning nursery and events through out the year. Qualified candidates will be 18 years or older, certified in CPR and first aid (or willing to obtain certification), pass a background check, and have a love for children. Interested applicants should contact Dana Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Grade Bibles
Sunday, September 24 at the 9:15am and 11:00am services
One of our favorite days is just around the corner! Third Grade students will receive a Bible during the 9:15am or 11:00am worship services. Please sign up using the link below by September 20th, so that your third grader will receive their Bible.
Third grade parents, please have your third grader sit with you in service on September 24th. During the Bible presentation, we will recognize each third grader by name and invite them up front to receive their Bible. After all children have been presented with Bibles, they will return to their seats and continue worshiping with us in the Worship Center. After service, please join us up front for a group picture.
Wednesday Night at HMUMC
Save Wednesdays for fellowship, a home cooked meal, and growth groups for all ages. It’s a fun mid-week refresher for the whole family!
5:00pm to 6:00pm – Children’s Choir
- Kid’s CrosSing – Check-in Rooms 148 & 149 – sign up
5:30pm to 6:30pm – Dinner Time!
- Wednesday Night Supper – Meatloaf served with scalloped potatoes, peas & carrots, salad bar, and a roll. The kids’ meal will be the same.
6:30pm to 7:45pm – Growth Groups for ALL ages!
- Pastor Mark’s Study on Jonah – It’s only week 2. Join us! – Room 339 – Sign up
- Parental Guidance Required – It’s only week 2. Join us! – Room 148 – Sign up
- GriefShare – Join us anytime! – Room 351 – Sign up
- Women’s Study on Colossians – It’s only week 2. Join us! – Room 131 – Sign up
- Citizenship Class – Join us anytime! – Room 150 – Sign up
- Piecemakers Quilt Ministry – Join us anytime – Quilting Modular – Learn More
- Wednesday Students (6th-12th grade. Worship Together. Message and small groups by grade and gender) – Join us anytime – Meet in the Shed Learn more
- Rooftop Kids (5th Grade Praise Team) – It’s only week 2. Join us! – Rooftop – Sign up
- Crosstown Kids Bible Study (preK – 5th Grade) – Join us anytime – Room 149 & 150 – Learn more
- Nursery (3 years and younger) – Join us anytime – Learn more
- 8/23 – Wednesday Night at HUMC Resumes
- 5pm – Kids CrosSing Children’s Choir
- 5:30pm – Wednesday Night Supper
- 6:30pm – Growth Groups for ALL ages
- KidsHope Info Meeting – in Narthex
- Jonah and the Amazing Ways of God – Room 339
- Grief Support – Room 351
- Women’s Bible Study | Colossians: Discover the New You – Room 131
- Parental Guidance Required: How to Enhance, Advance, & Influence your Children’s Relationships – Room 148
- Citizenship Class – Room 150
- Piecemakers Quilt Ministry – The Quilter’s Modular
- Wednesday Night Students (6th-12th grade) – Meet in The Shed
- Rooftop Kids (5th Grade Praise Team) – The Rooftop
- Crosstown Kids Bible Study (K – 5th grade) – 149 & 150
- Nursery for kids 4years old and younger
- 8/26 – The Pantry at HMUMC
- 8/27 – Sunday Morning Worship Services at 8am, 9:15am, 11am
- 8/27 – LifeGroup Leader Training at 12:15pm
- 8/29 – Chancel Choir Practice
- 8/30 – Wednesday Night at HUMC
- 8/30 & 8/31 – Preschool Open House
- 8/31 – Mother’s Morning Out Open House
- 9/2 – The Pantry at HMUMC
- 9/3 – Sunday Morning Worship Services at 8am, 9:15am, 11am
- 9/4 – Labor Day
- 9/5 – Preschool and MMO Resume
- 9/5 – Chancel Choir Practice
- 9/6 – Women’s Study-Present Over Perfect Starts at 9:30am
- 9/6 – Wednesday Night at HMUMC
- 9/9 – The Pantry at HMUMC
- 9/10 – Sunday Morning Worship Services at 8am, 9:15am, 11am
- 9/12 – Chancel Choir Practice
- 9/13 – Wednesday Night at HMUMC
- 9/16 – The Pantry at HMUMC
- 9/16 – North Forsyth Philharmonic Orchestra Performance
- 9/17 – Sunday Morning Worship Services at 8am, 9:15am, 11am
- 9/17 – Piecemakers Quilt Ministry Highlight in Services
- 9/18 – United Methodist Men’s Monthly Meeting at 7pm
- 9/18 – FYI Luncheon
- 9/19 – Chancel Choir Practice
- 9/20 – Wednesday Night at HMUMC
- 9/20 – Last Day to Sign up for Third Grade Bibles
- 9/21 – KidsHope Training at 6pm in Room 351
- 9/21 – Third Thursday Women’s Meeting at 7pm
- 9/23 – The Pantry at HMUMC
- 9/24 – Sunday Morning Worship Services at 8am, 9:15am, 11am
- 9/24 – Third Grade Bible Presentations at 9:15am and 11am
- 9/24 – Blood Drive Sign ups in the Narthex
- 9/25 – KidsHope Training at 6pm in Room 351
- 9/26 – Chancel Choir Practice
- 9/27 – Wednesday Night at HMUMC
- 9/30 – The Pantry at HMUMC