- Does God still create stuff today?
- Kids have an opportunity to consider God’s presence in creation and recreation and discover what it might means for them to be co-creators.
- Is God male?
- Kids explore biblical images for a God who is beyond the limitations of language and human gender.
Sin & Redemption
- Was Jesus of Nazareth God?
- Kids grapple with how Jesus of Nazareth could be both God and human.
- How do I stop doing things I know I shouldn’t do?
- Kids explore the consequences, for themselves and for others, of God’s gift of free will.
- If Jesus was God, why did he have to die?
- Kids explore why God chose to experience human life and death and consider the purpose of the resurrection.
- Is the Holy Spirit a person or wind or fire or what?
- Kids explore what the Holy Spirit is and does.
- How can God be “three-in-one?”
- Kids wrestle with the mystery of the Trinity and confront the idea that we can never fully understand all the mysteries of God.
- Why do we say we believe in “the holy catholic church” if we’re not Catholic?
- Kids investigate what binds the church together across time and space, despite differences.
- Why do Christians believe Christianity is the best religion?
- Kids dig for what makes Christianity unique among the world religions.
- Why are there so many different Christian churches?
- Kids construct views on unity and diversity within Christian communities.
- What does it mean to be “born again?”
- Kids consider God’s transforming power as we are born of the Holy Spirit, our lives changed forever.
- Can someone lose their salvation?
- Kids find the tension between God’s action in our salvation and the limitations of free will.
- Why should I follow Jesus; can’t I just say I believe in him?
- Kids distinguish believing from doing when it comes to following Jesus.
- Can I be a Christian without going to church?
- Kids consider the nature of communities and what that means for Christianity.
- Part 1 – I don’t know much about John Wesley and I’m not sure why I should care
- Part 2 – I feel like faith is just something between God and me.
The Growth of Methodism
- I thought John Wesley started all of the Methodist churches in the United States.
- I thought the Bible was supposed to be our guide in life, but it doesn’t seem to address the problems I have.
- I thought grace was just another word for forgiveness.
- God says I can be perfect, but I don’t see that happening.
- I’m not sure why or how to pray.
Free Will & the omnipresence of God
- If God is involved in everything, does that mean God controls everything?
- I think salvation is just about going to heaven.
- Body? Blood? I don’t understand what’s happening during communion.
- I don’t know why I need to attend worship.
The General Rules
- There are already a bunch of rules in the Bible. I don’t know why Wesley needed to create more.
The Global Methodist Church
- I didn’t know there were other Methodists around the world.
Baptism & Confirmation
- I don’t remember my baptism. Maybe I should do it again.
Covenant Membership Vows
- Of course I’m going to get confirmed now that I’m done with class.
We kick of the year with a Confirmation Orientation, for students and parents to meet their Confirmation leaders, have fun together, and get your welcome to adolescents’ survivor kit.
All students who will be confirmed in 2018 are invited to the annual Confirmation Retreat. The retreat is a time to gather in community and experience prayer, spiritual life, and the sacraments together — and have fun, too! The retreat will take place February 23-25, 2018 at Camp Glisson in Dahlonega, GA.
Decision for Christ Night
Student will have the opportunity to publicly profess their belief in Jesus Christ and join the church at our annual confirmation service. This service is held in early May each year.