Hiking Trip to Blood Mountain
Saturday, October 12 at 5:45am
Join the Hiking Ministry for our next hike over Blood Mountain. This is a really good time of year to be hiking the mountain, the views can be spectacular!
Here is the plan:
- We will leave the Target parking lot at Flowery Branch at 6:00.
- Be there at 5:45 to sign, so we can figure out who is riding with who.
- We will carpool, no bus.
- We will drop the truck at Neel’s Gap parking lot.
- Drive to Lake Winfield Scott parking.
- Hike from Lake Winfield Scott to the AT at Jarrard Gap.
- Hike the AT from Jarrard Gap, over Blood Mountain, to Neel’s Gap.
- Take the truck and drivers to Lake Winfield Scott and pick up the cars.
- Drive back to Neel’s Gap and pick up everybody.
- Depending on the time we get finished, we may stop at Ma Gooch’s in Cleveland for lunch. They have some really good fried chicken.
Come and join us on the trail! For more information, please contact Don Crone.
Here are some pictures from our last outing over Blood Mountain.